The role holder will be an integral part of Nepal Coffee Producers Association, will work under the supervision of General Secretary and will collaborate with resource groups from Nepal Coffee Producers Association for the funded program implemented by NCPA. Key sectors of focus will include Agriculture, Climate Change, Social Inclusion and Coffee Value Chain.
The role holder will work as an integral part of NCPA to:
- Lead/facilitate the project team in day to day implementation of the project.
- Facilitate overall planning and implementation process with full sincerity to achieve the established objective and results within the time specified.
- Responsible for overall project management, facilitation of project activities, monitoring of process and progress, team building and reporting in close consultation with the project personnel and partners.
- Responsible and accountable for overall project implementation with high standard performance.
- Analyze performance gaps in the project by developing and utilizing performance- monitoring indicators, and help improve performance gap in close consultation with the partners.
- Ensure effective and transparent management of all financial and program matters in accordance with the main grant contract and project policies.
- Ensure sensitivity in project cost and benefit analysis, project governance and transparency, accountability and other issues related to the project.
- Take initiative proactively in maintaining good governance and establishing coalitions in close consultation with the project partners.
- Facilitate administrative work such as service contracts and performance as required by the position in the project.
- Maintain good communication flow among the project staff and partners and between the project and donor regarding the project progress.
- Link the project with national and international initiatives.
- Maintain regular coaching, mentoring, follow up and monitoring by developing/adopting tools and methodology, intervention policies in order to keep tracking the input, process and results expected by the project.
- Regularly monitor the activities related to the project including the activities carried out by the implementing partners.
- Ensure project activities are implemented effectively and accordingly to the timetables, policies and schedule established by Project.
- Ensure project activities and outreach activities are qualitatively and timely implemented.
- Ensure each of project staff has understanding of their job responsibilities and take appropriate correction measures for the improvement.
- Maintain cordial relationship with implementing partners at national level and all other stakeholders and implementing partners at sub-national level.
- Liaoning with other Business Associations and businesses for possible collaboration with other project interventions including access to finance, Innovation and Women Economic Empowerment.
Here is the desired qualification and experience required:-
- Master's Degree in Agriculture/Management, or related field, from a reputed institute.
Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the related field. Experience in projects that involve liaising with government institutions, and multilateral agencies, stakeholders and NGOs.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience of maintaining excellent relations with implementing and donor agencies.
- Experience of working with and managing local partners in Nepal.
- Experience with monitoring and record-keeping of projects, preparing work plans, budgets, progress reports and financial reports
- Fair knowledge about commercial conditions, contracts, and legal issues.
- Clear, concise writing style and experience in proposal writing for specific audiences.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working and delivering as a team.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and excellent supervisory, organizational, motivational, and strong time-management skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently often within a required time frame.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali is essential.
- Willingness to travel in the field, even in remote areas when required and be flexible to adapt to challenging work environments with team.
This is a reasonably senior role in the project management team. As a result, the ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:-
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs to tight deadlines Project management
Collaborative team player
- Communicates consistently, with impact and gravitas
- Persuasive and engaging
- Ability to adapt personal style and approach as necessary
- Translates strategic goals into measurable operational missions
- Ability to balance the needs of complex stakeholder groups
- Builds and sustains clearly articulated goals and missions
- Promotes collaboration through engagement of all stakeholders to priorities focus and investments
- Identifies and develops a strong network of both internal and external stakeholders
- Builds relationships through rapport and open and honest communication Maintains objectivity, composure, and performance under pressure
- Creates a sense of energy with a high degree of self-belief in their ability to succeed
How to apply?
Candidates should email updated CV along with a photo and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for further selection process.